Wednesday 5 December 2012

Job roles summary

These are all of the Job titles i would love to achieve one day, film is not the only medium I would like to design and edit music and sound for, but the jobs roles and responsibilities carry over for computer games to music.

As mentioned before all of the carriers I have chosen all require a post graduate degree In some sort technological sound course, or alternatively extensive experience in sound (which i do not posses). Though I will have to start as a trainee in charge of the smallest task around the production set.

I did leave out certain careers that I will have to go through to get to my prefers ones, such as:


  •  Boom operators -  Responsible for the operation, holding and positioning of microphones on set.
  • Foley editors/artist - In charge of recording and editing sound for the atmosphere, and events in the film. E.g park ambiance, car crash, punch etc.
  • Production sound mixer - They have the job of recording, mastering and generally managing the dialogue of the characters.


So next I will look at master university courses and things I can do myself that will in my spare time such as volunteering, or various things I can practice to give me and edge on the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment